KRIT carries out planning, management, and quality assurance of R&D projects to develop the Combatant Support Systems for the Korean army and procure the best-quality munitions.
- Surveys the demand for technology and products of the private sector that may be used for the force power support system and plans R&D projects using such information
- Supports the establishment of an R&D project plan in consideration of domestic technology level
- Supports the preparation of plans such as the program plan and the force support system project plan covering mid- and long-term projects
- Manages R&D projects in progress based on the Act on Defence Industry Development and Support and the Civil-Military Technology Cooperation Promotion Act
- Prepares requests for proposals for R&D projects, selects agencies responsible for R&D, and performs pilot assessments and standardization
- Performs quality assurance to allow the force support system to be delivered to and operated by the army
- Provides support for dealing with complaints raised by military personnel during operation and maintenance of the system and to improve the system’s quality.
- Assists with project planning, technology level survey, project management support, and framework building to contribute to smart defense innovation and apply a new Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to the military
To expand the participation of the private ICT to the military sector and facilitate the use thereof, assists with project planning, technology level survey, and project management support through the cooperation with the Ministry of National Defense and the Ministry of Science and ICT
Develops and demonstrates Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology in the fields of the coast guard, mine detection, and medical imaging through cooperation with relevant ministries and supports projects for building demonstration laboratories